If you wish to make a complaint against a police officer (other than the Chief Constable) or a member of police staff that works for Suffolk Constabulary, there is a dedicated section of the Suffolk Constabulary’s website which includes all the information you need.

If you choose to put your complaint in writing, please try to provide a full account of the incident to:

Professional Standards Department
Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies
Jubilee House
Falconers Chase
NR18 0WW

or e-mail
or telephone Suffolk Constabulary on 101

Alternatively, you can visit the Independent Office for Police Conduct website or contact them by telephone on 0300 020 0096, or write to them at

Independent Office for Police Conduct
PO Box 473
M33 0BW

Or e-mail

The IOPC is completely independent of the police and is responsible for making sure that complaints against the police are dealt with properly. In certain circumstances, you can appeal to the IOPC if you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been dealt with by the police.

The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) does not deal with complaints about police officers and staff who work for Suffolk Constabulary (apart from the Chief Constable). However the PCC does have a responsibility to monitor, and keep themselves informed of, complaints and misconduct issues relating to police officers and staff. The PCC regularly monitors information about complaints received by Suffolk Constabulary and the lessons learned by the force.